Our organization including the ReStore has closed temporarily in response to the needs of society regarding COVID-19.
Donations: Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. Your donations of new and gently used goods provide significant support for Foothills Habitat for Humanity’s housing programs.
Donated items must be clean, complete, and in good functioning and salable condition. Below are two lists with donation acceptance and decline information for common donations. For questions about a donation, please call the ReStore donation line at 916-797-8674 or email us at email@example.com. Please note that all donated items must be delivered to us. Donation staff members will be available to review the donation criteria with you as well as assist with unloading. We are unable to provide residential pick-up.
ReStore Donation Criteria:
Please note: We hope to keep this list current, but criteria are subject to change. We accept a broad range of products but are, unfortunately, not able to accept everything.
ALL materials must be clean, complete, and in good salable condition
- Plumbing supplies
- Wire shelving up to 5’ long
- Flooring: Hardwood, laminate flooring and tile in unopened, original boxes, and must be a minimum of 50 sq. ft. per type and style
- Unused carpet and pad
- Unused plywood and drywall, ½ sheet minimum
- Unused lumber, 4 ft. minimum
- Unused molding, 8 ft. minimum
- Unopened bags of roof asphalt shingles.
- Rolls of roofing paper
- Full rolls of Tyvek or similar brands housewrap
- Full cans only of unused, (3 years or newer), latex paint
- White-only tubs and white-only low-flow toilets
- Wall tile and countertop tile, unopened and in original box
Tools: All tools must be in good working condition.
- Hand tools, lawn tools, etc. must be in good, safe, working condition
- Battery-powered tools must be complete with good battery and working charger
- Power cords must be in good condition
- We accept smaller versions (not heavy, older, of large) of most saws
Cabinets and Sinks:
- Cabinet doors in common sizes, clean, and in good condition.
- Cabinets. Upper and lower cabinets including vanity bases should be complete with doors, drawers, and shelves. Free of tile, concrete, and nails, etc.
- Sinks. Clean, no chips or stains. Individual sinks are generally accepted. However, sinks/counter combos (like cultured marble or individual sinks attached to a countertop) without the base cabinet are not accepted.
- Clean, whole bricks and pavers
- Sprinkler materials
Windows and Doors: (please see exclusions and limitations in “do not accept” list below)
- Windows. Dual pane and vinyl frame only
- Exterior shutters in good condition
- Exterior and interior doors
Furniture and Household Items: Furniture must be structurally sound with no rips, tears, or stains or missing or damaged parts
- Sofas (no sofa beds), love seats, recliners, chairs
- Dining tables and chairs
- End tables and coffee tables
- Dressers, small or moderate-sized clothing armoires, chest of drawers, nightstands
- Complete bed frames with headboards, foot boards, rails, and hardware
- Small desks (4 ft wide or smaller), office chairs, bookcases 8 ft. tall or less
- Common size (not large) table lamps and hanging light fixtures complete with hardware
- Books (no textbooks or encyclopedias); CDs; DVDs
- Art, decorative items, decorative pillows, collectibles, antiques, small framed mirrors
- General household items, including dishes, glassware, vases, kitchen tools, etc.
- Lawn décor and lawn furniture, outdoor cushions clean and in good condition
Appliances/Electronics: Clean, complete, and in good working condition
- Flat screen TVs (max 50”), computer monitors less than 4 years old. Need power cord & remote
- Small appliances including stereo equipment, DVD players, toasters, blenders, etc.
What We Do Not Accept:
- Clothing or Christmas trees
- Children’s items – such as furniture, toys, clothing, helmets, bikes
- Mattresses, sheets, bedspreads, blankets, bed pillows or pillowcases
- Large appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, cook tops, dishwashers, built-in ovens, ranges and range hoods, microwaves (large or small)
- Printers, routers, telephones
- Coaxial cable, speaker wire, loose audio, visual, phone, tv, appliance cables and power supply
- Metal receptacle boxes
- Fluorescent or halogen light fixtures, light bulbs
- Sewing machines, reel to reel or slide projectors, household vacuums that require bags
- Water heaters, kerosene heaters, gas or wood-burning fireplaces
- Older, larger, heavy tools such as radial arm saw and drill press, non-working tools, tools that are leaking or have gasoline or oil in them
- China hutches, entertainment centers, hide-a-beds (aka sofa beds)
- Large/heavy office furniture including cubicles, metal desks, large desks, conference tables
- Large exercise equipment such as ski machines, exercise bikes and treadmills
- Unframed mirrors other than medicine cabinet mirrors
- Glass shower doors, mirror wardrobe doors, sliding patio doors
- White or brown slab interior doors
- Sliding patio doors, any doors 8 ft. high or windows taller/wider than 8 ft.
- Granite, marble, countertops
- Used shelving items not in good condition
- Concrete or clay roof tiles
- Tubs, sinks and toilets that are not white. Cast-iron tubs or sinks; whirlpool or Jacuzzi tubs
- Culture-marble vanity sinks without the base cabinet
- Interior window coverings including curtains, shades, blinds, valances and curtain rods
THANK YOU for your donation! We truly appreciate it.