Donations: Tuesday through Saturday 10:30 am to 4:00 pm. We welcome and encourage donations as a significant means of supporting and furthering Habitat for Humanity programs. For you, it’s a way to clear your clutter and not contribute to the landfill. It’s a way to reuse and renew still useful materials.
Please ensure that your donations meet the donation criteria shown below. Donated items must be clean, must have all parts and components, and be in usable, sellable condition. For questions about a donation, please call the ReStore donation line at 916-797-8674 or email us at email@example.com. Please note that all donated items must be delivered to us. We are unable to provide residential pick-up. Please refer to the contact page for a map and the best driving directions.
ReStore Donation Criteria:
Please note: Criteria is subject to change. We invite you to call or email us regarding your donation.
General information regarding items that we can accept and that we do not accept:
Building Materials: All materials must be clean and in good condition
- Flooring: Hardwood, laminate flooring and tile in unopened, original boxes, and must be a minimum of 50 sq. ft. per type and style
- Unused carpet and pad
- Unused plywood and drywall, ½ sheet minimum
- Unused lumber, 4 ft. minimum
- Unused molding, 8 ft. minimum
- Electrical and plumbing supplies
- Full cans only of newer, unused latex paint
- White-only tubs and white-only low-flow toilets that are complete, clean, and in good working condition
Tools: All tools must be in good working condition.
- Hand tools, lawn tools, etc. must be in good, safe, working condition
- Battery-powered tools must be complete with good battery and working charger
- Power cords must be in good condition
- We accept smaller versions of saws (Not large, heavy radial arm saws. See below)
- Cabinets and cabinet doors in common sizes and in good condition
- Vanity bases with or without sinks. Vanity one-piece sink and counter combos without a base are not accepted
- Countertop products such as Formica and laminate, in good condition and no longer than 7 ft., are generally accepted
- Due to weight, granite and marble slabs must be no larger than 4 ft. by 4 ft.
- Clean and whole bricks and pavers
- Sprinkler materials
- Lawn décor and lawn furniture in good condition
Windows and Doors: (please see size limitations in “do not accept” list below)
- Windows must be dual pane and vinyl frame only
- Exterior shutters in good condition
- Exterior and interior doors in good condition
Furniture and Household Items: Furniture must be structurally sound with no rips, tears, or stains
- Sofas (no sofa beds), love seats, recliners, chairs
- Dining tables and chairs
- End tables and coffee tables
- Dressers, chest of drawers, night stands
- Bed frames with headboards and/or foot boards and hardware
- Small desks and office chairs; bookcases
- Lamps and light fixtures that are complete with hardware
- Books; CDs; DVDs
- Art, decorative items, collectibles, antiques, small framed mirrors, holiday decor
- General household items, including dishes, glassware, vases, kitchen tools, etc.
Appliances/Electronics: Appliances must be clean, complete, and in good working condition
- Flat screen televisions and computer monitors less than 4 years old
- Small appliances including countertop microwaves, stereo equipment, toaster ovens, etc.
What We Do Not Accept:
- Christmas trees
- Major appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, cook tops, dishwashers, built-in ovens, ranges, over-oven microwaves
- Printers, routers
- Fluorescent light fixtures, fluorescent light bulbs, loose light bulbs
- Sewing machines, reel to reel or slide projectors, household vacuums that require bags
- Water heaters, kerosene heaters, gas or wood-burning fireplaces
- Older, larger, heavy tools such as radial arm saw and drill press, non-working tools, tools that are leaking or have gasoline or oil in them
- Buffets, china hutches
- Hide-a-beds (aka sofa beds)
- Large exercise equipment such as ski machines, exercise bikes and treadmills
- Unframed mirrors other than medicine cabinet mirrors
- Glass shower doors and mirror wardrobe doors; sliding patio doors
- Brown single-pane/slab interior doors
- Any doors 8 ft. high or windows taller/wider than 8 ft.
- Tubs, sinks and toilets that are not white
- Culture-marble vanity sinks without the base cabinet
- Cast-iron tubs or sinks; whirlpool or Jacuzzi tubs
- Interior window coverings including shades, blinds, valances and curtain rods
THANK YOU for your donation! We truly appreciate it.